Galveston Island

Galveston Island . . . Where Happiness and Peace Surround You.
YOU FEEL IT almost immediately as you cross the Causeway, a combined sense of relief and joyous escape -- even if it's for a day. Best thing about Galveston, it's only an hour's drive from Houston!

About my cottage . . . . This is an old 19th-Century tenant house, updated with modern-day conveniences and restored only delicately so. It offers a story of survival -- as likely part of it was rebuilt from lumber scraps piled up for the taking after the infamous 1900 Storm. It now wears a time-honored patina and conveys a very happy vibe.

It's not perfection or all completely new. And, you know what? That's what makes it so incredibly wonderful.

This blog is dedicated to the house and island so loved and enjoyed. Please visit again -- and watch for photos and other updates.

Monday, January 5, 2015

It's a new day...

Early morning -- after the last seasonal party 

in Galveston . . .


What a nice holiday it's been. Now, it's back to work. And what better place to begin the new work year than at the cottage. With temps hovering at a chilly low, we're snug as a bug here. Sam has found his spot on the slipcovered sofa, and Casey is curled up on the seagrass. 

I had just gotten up to refill my coffee mug when I turned around, feeling very content with what I saw:


I love winter time at the beach; it's absolutely my favorite time ... this scene below caught my eye. I like how the clouds seem to rest on the watery horizon. It's rather quiet.



Happy New Year, y'all.

3 comments:

  1. Love that you stop and appreciate quiet morning moments in your warm cottage. So important to love where you live. Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for a peek at your cozy place. so happy you're content and may you stay that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually saw your comments earlier. But I thought I'd say this to you both: Come on down! (smile) Come see me, Kathy! And you, too, Lisa, if you ever find yourself in Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Galveston at Sunrise

Galveston at Sunrise

Search This Blog